[Lazarus] Howto work with wikiget and wikiconvert tools

Andi friess at gmx.at
Tue Jan 20 11:30:17 CET 2015

Am 20.01.2015 um 10:45 schrieb Michael Schnell:
> On 01/20/2015 10:34 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>
>> Our Wiki does not have that long page names.
>> The problem is that non ASCII characters are converted to hex codes,
>> tripling the length. wikiget could use the actual names instead and
>> encode them using some sort of UTF-7.
>
> UTF-7 of course provides much better human readability, and other than
> MD5 it's unique in both directions. In case of a too long UTF-7
> representation, an error message needs to be implemented asking the
> user to modify the pagename in the Wiki.

I think this all is not the problem (or not directly yet).
If the definition in the Lazarus wiki is:
*) Use only declaration of pages in english (ASCII names)
*) the Language dependen page must have basepage/shotterm for language
eg. Basepage is Lazarus_Help, the languagedependes pages have to be
Lazarus_Help/de, Lazarus_Help/ru, Lazarus_Help/cn and so on.

with this simple definition you have the names allways clear,
structured, and readable for everone. The content of the page can be in
whatever you want.

This definition are the normally using of the Lazarus wiki (in the
past), but some persons break the the schema used before (why -
misunderstanding the schema ?).

Andreas