[Lazarus] HEADS UP: FPC 3.0.1 stable branched off.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 15:39:46 CET 2015

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>> Lazarus trunk at about 47318 is OK with FPC 2.7.1 29398 on SPARC using
>> Debian "Lenny", except that toolbar icons don't appear (bug 25470, so
>> this is not in fact fixed or has reverted).

This combination compiles natively (i.e. not as a cross-compiler) on ARM
running on Qemu. Lazarus built with either "all" or "bigide" appears to
run, the OS in this case was Debian "Squeeze" and toolbar icons appeared OK.

On mipsel running on Qemu compiling Lazarus fails with

..
(9009) Assembling codecache
(3104) Compiling customcodetool.pas
(3104) Compiling codetree.pas
/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk-47318/components/codetools/codetree.pas(824,1)
Fatal: Internal error 2013022101
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
make[1]: *** [codetools.ppu] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk-47318/components/codetools'
make: *** [codetools] Error 2

If anybody wants more detail on this error please say, I find Qemu
useful for some of the more obscure architectures but it's painfully slow.

On mips running on Qemu compiling Lazarus fails with

make -C packager/registration
make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk-47318/packager/registration'
Makefile:196: *** The Makefile doesn't support target mips-linux, please
run fpcmake first.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk-47318/packager/registration'
make: *** [registration] Error 2

Attempting to run fpcmake (with minimal investigation of the "right" way
of doing things) fails with

0 1>markMLl at pye-dev-07d:/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk-47318$ fpcmake
Processing Makefile.fpc
Error: Target "linux", package "rtl" not found

-----

The combination above compiles Lazarus in both 32- and 64-bit mode on an
AMC Athlon running Linux (Debian "Wheezy"), but Lazarus doesn't run.
I've not investigated further.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk