[Lazarus] Resolution changes ?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Jul 23 11:43:33 CEST 2015

Hello,

What is the recommended way to deal with changes in resolution for a lazarus program ?

I designed an application on Linux, on a 27" monitor.
All looks well when designing and running the program.
All controls nicely spaced, labels large enough to fit their contents.

I build the program for windows, and run it on a windows computer.
It looks horrible. Controls overlapping, labels too short for their contents.

Early versions of Delphi (at least up to XE) had this problem too;
when changing resolution, all is messed up.

What is the recommended way to go about this when using the LCL ?

Michael.