[Lazarus] lazreport: how to use global report variables

Thu Jul 2 00:52:57 CEST 2015

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It is much appreciated.

On 2015-07-01 21:47, Jesus Reyes A. wrote:

> Those are not global variables. They are report variables.

In the context of a report, they are the same thing to me. You define a
variable via the Report GUI Designer (I still don't know how to do it
from code), that variable is then available for use anywhere in your
report. ie: gloabal ;-)

> I think the easier way to modify global variables is through the
> frVariables object
> ej.
>
> frVariables['HideKlas'] := 1;

I'll take a look at that, thanks.

> But in LazReport this TStrings list functionality is not used.

Huh? You lot me there. So if they are not used, why do those properties
still exist in TfrReport?

> I was not able to find a Report.Scripts property or field, maybe you mean
> Report.Script?

Sorry, it was a typo. I meant Report.Script.

As far as I understand, LazReport is based on some open source version
of FastReport. Due to the lack of documentation (or updated
documentation) of LazReport, I looked at the documentation for
FastReport and tried to use some if what it suggests. But it seems much
of it doesn't translate to LazReport.

Here is the URL of FastReport I looked at.

https://www.fast-report.com/documentation/ProgMan/index.html?adding_a_variable.htm

I worked through the whole "Working with a list of variables" section.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/