[Lazarus] Release model for Lazarus

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Jul 11 21:24:18 CEST 2015

On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 20:05:36 +0200
Péter Gábor <ptrg at freemail.hu> wrote:

> Today I noticed that a new release of Lazarus is prepared (time of last
> update on sf.net 'Files' page is newer than the release time of listed
> files).

Yes, 1.4.2. It is a bug fix release. No new features.

>[...]
> So where can we know that we can upload the translations without missing
> future changes?
>
> A true release model with strict phases (including "frozen source
> strings" at last, maybe two weeks) would be very useful.

The 'fixes' branch only contains bug fixes. So almost all
changes to resourcestrings are either fixing typos of the English
version or add new error messages.

Waiting a week means translators and maintainers must work with an
additional branch.

I'm not sure if it is worth the hassle. Maybe Maxim who applies the
biggest part of the translations can tell.

Mattias