[Lazarus] gdb version for use with lazarus

Mon Jul 20 01:05:25 CEST 2015

On 2015-07-19 18:16, Marc Santhoff wrote:
>  > gdb --version
> GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]

Yeah, don't use that one. FreeBSD includes that one by default because
of licensing issues with newer versions. Use ports and install a later
GDB (/usr/ports/devel/gdb). I have gdb 7.8.1 installed here on FreeBSD
10.1 and it works perfectly with FPC 2.6.4.  I see GDB 7.9.1 is
available in ports too, but I don't want to "fix" what isn't broken. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/