[Lazarus] Sending and receiving record or object data between applications running on different machines.

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Jul 27 10:57:08 CEST 2015

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015, Richard Mace wrote:

> Hi Travis,
> Yes, I'm just not sure of the best way to do it with Lazarus.

if performance is not an issue: By far the easiest will be to let one app be a HTTP server,
the other a HTTP client.

If you need high performance, then you should look at protocols like websocket (bauglir websocket)
or a simple TCP/IP client server protocol.

If the communication is RPC style, I can very much recommend WST. It can handle both HTTP transport and TCP/IP transport.
I've been using it for years, it beats some of the commercial products in Delphi. It takes care of the details.

Michael.