[Lazarus] TProcess not mirroring terminal

JuuS JuuS at mykolab.ch
Tue Jun 2 14:21:36 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I'm using Lazarus 1.4 with Kubuntu 14.04

I've written a small GUI frontend for the rsync command. I assemble
rsync command line switches and source and destination thru the TProcess
paramlist and everything has been exactly mirrored by my program and
when the exact same command is run through a terminal, it has worked
perfectly for everything I want to do with rsync...

...until today.

For the first time my output and the output from the same command line
run in terminal work differently.

Run it through terminal and the command is accepted, however running it
through TProcess and rsync complains! The two outputs are listed below,
the parameters passed are exactly the same.

Anyone have an idea why this is so???

TERMINAL OUTPUT:
juus at JuuSKub:~$ rsync -n -vshtplgiE --stats --modify-window=1 --progress
/home/juus/Documents/** /media/juus/Lin1TB/BKactive
skipping directory CodeBlocks
skipping directory IntelliJ
skipping directory qt
>f+++++++++ hackjs5.html
>f+++++++++ hackjs7.html
>f+++++++++ hackjs8.html

Number of files: 3 (reg: 3)
Number of created files: 3 (reg: 3)
Number of deleted files: 0
Number of regular files transferred: 3

OUTPUT FROM MY PROGRAM
rsync: link_stat "/home/juus/Documents/**" failed: No such file or
directory (2)

Number of files: 0
Number of created files: 0
Number of deleted files: 0