[Lazarus] Export of wiki pages to html/chm

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Tue Jun 9 13:36:55 CEST 2015

It is my intention to distribute the next release version of
fpspreadsheet with the relevant chm snapshot of the wiki page.
Therefore, I am experimenting with exporting the wiki to the local
computer and coverting it to html and chm files. I am using the
following command lines for this purpose:

    wikiget --page=FPSpreadsheet
    wikiconvert --format=chm --css=chm\wiki.css
    wikixml\FPSpreadsheet.s00.xml

At first, I was extremely surprised how easy this is and how well it
works (after fixing some minor issues - see bugtracker). In detail,
however, there are some issues left which I cannot fix without digging
very deeply into the wiki and html parsers:

  * All the text of the converted wiki page is shown in the color of the
    anchors. After searching for a while I found that IMHO the "a" tag
    is not correctly used in the converted html files: A header line in
    the text is currently converted as:

             <a name="API_Documentation"/>
             <h2>API Documentation </h2>

    I think the correct syntax is

             <h2>API Documentation </h2>

    After this modification in the html file the browser shows the text
    in black.

  * Links to external or wiki-internal documents are not working.

  * In table headers of the wiki I had separated the individual header
    cells by double exclamation marks (!!). I think - maybe from this
    page http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Sorting - that this is a
    legal syntax, and it has been working perfectly in the wiki. The
    converted file, however, does not separate the line at the
    exclamation marks, and the exclamation files are still in the file.
    After replacing the double exclamation marks with double pipe
    symbols, I could make it work; but I think the converter has a bug here.

In the final end, I would like to create a navigation tree in the left
pane of the chm file. Any idea how this can be done?