[Lazarus] fast mathematical matrix operations

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jun 8 11:20:57 CEST 2015

On 06/08/2015 10:57 AM, Andrea Mauri wrote:

> I need code able to perform typical matrix operations (e.g. matrix
> multiplication, inversion, determinant and so on) as fast as possible
> since I deal with big matrices (thousands of rows and columns). I need
> it for both windows and linux (32/64).

For this it's essential to use the multiple cores the hardware provides.
So the task needs to be distributed to multiple threads.

I once drafted a thread pool unit that night be useful for this (but I
suppose there are other tools that are much more decently tested than
the one I did).

In the FPC/Lazarus mailing lists there already were multiple discussions
on the "parallel loop" issue, but AFAIK, there is no ready-made solution
available yet.

Delphi XE claims to provide such support, though.

-Michael