[Lazarus] Docked Form

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 02:53:36 CEST 2015

> So we need the improved toolAPI before the embedded dockable form designer?

IMO  ToolsAPI should be only proxy for improved/extended IdeIntf.

> On the other hand I don't see why the dockable form designer would
> need Generics.Collections.

Maybe not directly "dockable form" but tools/modules around (generally I
need fast generic hash maps).

> Generics already work somehow in FPC 2.6.4, I have used the fgl unit
> myself in Lazarus code.

fgl don't contains HashMap and is not automated/and simple in use like
Generics.* for any kind of type.

> This is all very abstract.
> Now I try to figure out what is the best design for the dockable form
> designer.
> Balázs already has working code. If your solution is used, is it in
> addition to his code or does it replace it?

Both. It depends of code part. Interesting thing:
FreeSparta "Docked Form" installed in modified CodeTyphon works well with
CodeTyphon "Docked Form"...

http://i.imgur.com/7gd36LL.jpg

> In any case we need a patch and a more detailed explanation of what it
> does!
> The question remains: can you participate in practical level?

Give me 24 hours, I'll do better patch. I can participate in practical
level :).

Best regards,
Maciej Izak