[Lazarus] I have some custom components, can I convert Delphi -> Lazarus?

Wed Jun 17 10:32:11 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-17 07:26, Sven Barth wrote:
> Of course you can already check back with SafeNet if they'd provide you
> with binaries or even better the source.

[I know it is a bit late for the original posted]

For that reason I refuse to purchase any software components that don't
include full source code. Some ISV's can be very slack with support, or
very slow to progress. eg: Digital Metaphors don't support FPC or
Lazarus with their ReportBuilder product. Yet I knew somebody that
bought it will full source code, and managed to port it themselves. Full
source code gives you that option, and you don't have to be locked in or
at the mercy of the ISV.

Either way, it is good to ask the ISV's to support Free Pascal and
Lazarus. Always raise the interest.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/