[Lazarus] [OT] Re: I have some custom components, can I convert Delphi -> Lazarus?

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 14:33:22 CEST 2015

On 17/06/15 11:03, aradeonas wrote:
> Yes but its wrong
>

> Wrong is typo here but its likely to be true.In Android and iOS I
> didn't saw ant foreign language do a good job.If you saw any good app
> with beautiful standard UI tell me.
>
> I mean if they are going with AsndroidStudio probably they should
> continue with that,just compiling for a device is not a good reason
> to make app with it.
>
> Regards, Ara

<OT rant>
I tried Android Studio, only just a simple example project (bluetooth chat with mods)
import (mods to make the bluetooth part connect to a bluetooth-serial type endpoint)...

It is painful.

They went to great lengths to name every other element of that ecosystem
DIFFERENT than people coming from other contexts may recognize.

I mean, you know what an 'activity' is ? At first glance? ...

The standard controls are well, standard; and no clear path/explanation to install any
non-standard ones (like, how would you program up something like analog gamepad buttons?)

(one might just about recognize a Button class, and c&p its creation&usage to get what one wants,
 within the bounds of same class... ok it works... even got progress/trackbars to work as joysticks...
 but the rest is so baroque and unhelpful and unintuitive, I can't bear to look at it any more...
 too many variables. oh, and what is a 'listener' again ?)

Now try merging code from another example (e.g. accelerometer/gyroscope handling)
with the serial bluetooth dongle/chat example. In Java.

I'm still struggling.

Not helped by, that my 4 year old i5 24XX CPU turns its fan into a small jetplane (noise-wize)
wile just browsing code trying to figure things out for more than half an hour.
</ OT rant>

el es