[Lazarus] Newbie, porting class to FPC but get procedure assignment error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 13:28:08 CEST 2015

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 12:35:28 +0200, Michael Schnell
<mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>On 06/19/2015 12:28 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>>>   " Safenet" might be able to provide a GNU C version
>>> of that file."
>>>
>> Except I got a reply from them that they cannot support older software
>> in FPC....
>> So I guess I have to go the Delphi DLL route instead...
>>
>That has nothing to do at all with FPC. FPC uses the same linker
>(format) as GNU C. So you don't need to tell them anything about FPC but
>just mention gcc.

Interesting,
a number of years ago I had a discussion with them about interfacing C
programs on Linux (x86) to the Linux driver they make.
Apparently it does exist some support for that, but I did not pursue
it because we found that we could stay on Windows (we were developing
the 64 bit version of our data processing program at the time).
Maybe I could go back to the info I collectad at that time and dig out
some such interface file?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden