[Lazarus] Embedded Firebird bundled with OSX application

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mccallumwhyman.com
Mon Jun 22 13:34:09 CEST 2015

I would guess that this is going to be very similar to running the same
on Linux - but with the usual different flie location/conventions.

I have written up how to do this with IBX on Linux here
http://mwasoftware.co.uk/on-linux

However you do it, the really key point is to use an empty username and
password as otherwise the embedded server will try and access the
security database - and probably fail. Otherwise, set the FIREBIRD
environment variable to point to the firebird installation and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to where the embedded server shared object is located
and it may even work under OSX.

Regards

Tony