[Lazarus] ERROR: Unable to load package TEditorToolBarOptions.Load:

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:03:45 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 3:34 PM, FreeMan <freeman35 at delphiturkiye.com> wrote:
> I'm always do that. I remove all sources (fpc & lazarus) and remove added my
> components libs folders as well then re download fpc then make&build, then
> lazarus too. I did this tree times.
> error is still continue.
> I remove "editortoolbar.xml"  and  retry lazbuild, error execption.

According to Mattias LazBuild indeed creates an error when a package
is missing. I didn't know that, I almost never use LazBuild myself.
The solution is not to use it. Do "make clean bigide" instead. You can
use the Configure Build Lazarus dialog inside Lazarus, too, and select
"Clean all". That's how I always do a clean build for Lazarus myself.

BTW, it looks like you do A LOT of useless and error prone things when
you update Lazarus.
First, you never need to remove sources, you can just update the
latest changes using "svn up" or similar.
Then, don't update FPC at the same time. Keep the working FPC
installation when you deal with Lazarus trunk. If you are interested
in FPC development then update it from SVN but don't mix it with
Lazarus updates.
Very seldom you need to delete the user configuration. For example in
this case it is not needed.

Summa summarum: if you already destroyed your Lazarus binary, just do
"svn up", then "make clean bigide".

Juha