[Lazarus] Newbie, porting class to FPC but get procedure assignment error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:14:40 CEST 2015

On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 17:47:15 +0300, patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 22/06/15 17:34, Bo Berglund wrote:
>>> But your best bet is to install the 32 bit version and try it yourself.
>> That is what I have already...
>>
>I am out of ideas for now.
>
>You can ask for help on the fpc mailing list. I propose you prepare a
>minimum working example in an lpr file (no units, just a program which
>outputs to console using writeln) which only initializes the dongle/driver.

Thanks,
I tried to do what you proposed:
File->New Console Application
After filling in some name boxes I started adding the very minimal
code:

  { add your program here }
  Writeln('Starting check program');
  Dongle := TSentinel.Create;
  if not Dongle.InitKey then
     Writeln('Dongle Init Failed!')
  else
  begin
    Writeln('SerialNo: ' + IntToStr(Dongle.SerialNo));
  end;

  // stop program loop

But when I compile I get this error:

sentinel.pas(14,3) Fatal: Cannot find unit ExtCtrls used by Sentinel.
Check if package LCLBase is in the dependencies.

It points to the uses clause in the Sentinel.pas file where standard
units are mentioned like Forms, ExtCtrls etc...

Before this error it also complained about Forms in the uses clause of
the Sentinel.pas file. But then I commented out that in the
sentinel.pas file.

None of these complaints were issued when I used the exact same unit
in my GUI test application.

How do I "Check if package LCLBase is in the dependencies"?
And why is it not picking it up?

I googled this error and was directed to the following:
Project->Project Inspector->Required Packages->Add
This opened a file open dialog and I typed in LCLBase but tha did not
work...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden