[Lazarus] Thread based timer vs TTimer

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jun 24 13:03:31 CEST 2015

On 06/24/2015 12:50 PM, Paul Breneman wrote:

> As you know Michael I've been *very* interested for years with what
> you are doing.  I hope to get more going with FPC and Teensy in the
> next few weeks:
>   http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,28561.0.html
>
> Then I hope to post more projects in the Wiki and also on this page:
>   http://ControlPascal.com/
>
> I look forward to working together with you and others...

Great to see you back on this issue ! Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, for me, right now Lazarus is just a hobby task, as I
don't have any real application for it at the moment. But I still am
lurking, and eager to finish the work in progress I have been starting,
before we (company) decided not to use Lazarus in the way that I have
been suggesting. An hence I am very busy with other (ANSI C based
embedded) stuff.

If you want to help with "activeNoGUI" the first thing that is needed to
be done is verify if a current "standard" distribution of Lazarus will
install an fpc version that provides TThread.Queue.

If this is given I will re-test the code I did for the "activeNoGUI"
"interface" unit (that provides TApplication etc).

Then I could send you the code to do more testing and provide suggestions.

If we are happy with the results we could investigate how it is possible
to have it integrated in the Lazarus IDE as an additional selectable
"Widget Type".

Thanks again,
-Michael