[Lazarus] Thread based timer vs TTimer

Fri Jun 26 10:25:15 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-26 07:18, Michael Schnell wrote:
> So if in fact did an updated when on branch activenogui

Yes I expected that, but that is not an ideal setup.

Let me explain very quickly... I recommend you read at least one or two
chapters of the git documentation [http://git-scm.com/doc]. Is is quick,
but will give you some understanding and terminology used in git.

'git pull' actually does two commands. First it does a "fetch", which
copies the latest changes to your repository, then if you are in a
tracking branch, it will also do a "merge" with those latest changes.

The latter is something you DON'T want in a feature branch. I is much
better to work in isolation, and update your feature branch when it
suites you. Most actions in git can be undone safely, but if you set it
up correctly from the start, it just makes life easier.

So, a "tracking branch" is normally a branch based of a branch on a
remote repository. A 'git pull' will fetch the latest changes and merge
those changes in to your local version of that branch. A "non-tracking"
branch will not be touched by a 'git pull' command. You can manually
update your branch my doing a 'git merge' when the time is right.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/