[Lazarus] Beyond Compare finally moved to LCL

Sat Jun 27 09:59:46 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-27 07:38, leledumbo wrote:
> They get their product done, we got our bu gs fixed
> and hopefully some new features, too :)

I know it doesn't work like that in open source software project, but I
seriously think Lazarus should stop new features for a while and
concentrate on bug fixing and making LCL consistent across platforms.
I've recently had to use LCL for a client, and inconsistencies and bugs
appeared immediately, and just as I remembered them the last time I used
LCL - back in 2006. This doesn't bode well for companies considering
moving code to Lazarus.

fpGUI might not be as large as LCL, or have as many components as LCL,
but is sure is way more consistent across platforms (I'm talking
development, API behaviour wise). In fact I normally only develop under
one platform, then when in comes to building a release for my
applications, I fire up the VM's and compile for other targets. 99.9% of
the time the other targets work just like my main development platform.

Regards,
  - Graeme -