[Lazarus] Startup delay of project (Qt)

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Sat Mar 7 12:37:19 CET 2015

Hi,

I have noticed that Qt projects started with F9 have a delay (about ~12 seconds) before the form appears.
Its not only with large projects, its also with small projects or even empty forms.

The delay is there even if nothing in project changes and I start it by F9 repeatedly.
When I try to execute the same project externally (from Double Commander), it starts in ~ 0,3 s.

When i switch to GTk2, the startup is within 2 second (from IDE), which is normal.

I tried to run Lazarus from console, the last output is:

TGDBMIDebugger.StartDebugging WorkingDir="/media/disk/v1/Projects/Components/DividerBevelStyle/"

and then it hangs.
The output of Qt and GTk2 doens't differ.

I use Lazarus 1.5 r48159M FPC 3.1.1 x86_64-linux-qt, Qt 4.8.6.

I tried to install former revision, I went 1000 commits back but the issue persisted.

Thanks for help.