[Lazarus] SOLVED! Re: Yosemite 10.10.2 Lazarus 1.2.6

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Tue Mar 3 20:29:31 CET 2015

Mattias:

To answer your question, "What does not work?"

Environment:  Yosemite 10.10.2. Lazarus 1.2.6, FPC 2.4

The Homebrew based GDB debugger is a big FAIL on Yosemite.

You MUST use the FINK install apple-gdb. (version 6.3.50)

I have not experimented with the other gdb FINK version, I only got
apple-gdb installed and signed and it works.

What else bothers me?

The smallest OSX executable I can build is 17 MB.  That is QUITE LARGE.

The option for keeping debug information -Xg does not seem to work on
Yosemite (OSX).  It may be a head fake and put a separate dbg file
inside the App bundle, but who knows.

That is all, I am not operational on Yosemite with Lazarus 1.2.6/FPC 2.4

Cheers all,

Marco