[Lazarus] Feature request: Support Java classes syntax in code tools

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Mar 10 10:34:44 CET 2015

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>> Just compile it from trunk, as per http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_JVM/Building
>
> Just compiling gives:
> Error: Assembler jasmin.jar not found, switching to external assembling
>
> Jasmin has not released a version with the patches mentioned on the
> wiki. So I guess you still have to build it yourself.
>
> I tried the instruction for Jasmin:
> I downloaded and unpacked jasmin 2.4.
> Applying the patch failed, because it changes line endings. patch needs
> the option --binary for that.
> It still fails on two files:
> ./src/jasmin/parser.java.rej
> ./src/jasmin/sym.java.rej
>
> Calling build.sh results in
> build.sh: line 2: $'\r': command not found
> build.sh: line 16: $'\r': command not found
>
> So changing the line endings is a bad idea.
>
> What is now the right way to get a ppcjvm?

Hm.
The instructions worked when I tried them - but that was a long time ago,
I haven't rebuilt jasmin since, I always just used the initial version I built.

Now you'll have to ask Jonas, I'm out of my depth here :(

I don't think he is subscribed to the Lazarus mailing list, so better contact him in private.
Maybe he'll find time to update the instructions (and/or the needed patches).

Michael.