[Lazarus] ComponentList OnClassSelected

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:28:01 CET 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 6:02 PM, Sandro Cumerlato
<sandro.cumerlato at gmail.com> wrote:
> attached patch brings to front the designer form when a component is
> selected from the ComponentList.
>
> Please review it and apply if OK.

Sorry, this implementation must be rejected. The idea is good but it
must use the public interface in ComponentReg.
If the current interface is not enough, it can be extended.
I just did a big refactoring for separating the interface
(TBaseComponentPage, TBaseComponentPalette etc.) from the GUI
implementations.
It is not ready and I am not sure if it even is worth the effort to
cut the inheritance completely. Now anyway there are no references to
GUI controls in the interface, but all relevant non-GUI stuff is
there, including property Selected: TRegisteredComponent.
All GUI controls are in the implementing classes.

My plan was to make a "PaletteViewer" interface which would initially
be implemented by TComponentPalette and TComponentList. Let's see if
it happens ...

If you modify / refactor your patch and break the TComponentPalette
dependency, I will be happy to apply it.

Regards,
Juha