[Lazarus] lazbuild parameter --max-process-count

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 23:45:49 CET 2015

On 18 March 2015 at 22:14, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I added a new parameter to lazbuild.
>
> --max-process-count=<count>
>                       Maximum number of threads for compiling in
>                       parallel. Default is 0, which guesses the number of
>                       cores in the system.
>
> When you have trouble reading the output of lazbuild you can for
> example use --max-process-count=1 .

Great feature, thanks!

> I heard that on some Windows machines FPC locks some files, so that
> parallel compilation fails. I could not reproduce it, but if you have
> the problem, you know have a workaround.

I fire a pile of lazbuild commands off from a Makefile, but I've had
to prevent make from running them in parallel, due to an fpc file
(some link file, I can't remember), that always has the same name,
getting created in the output directory.  I should file a bug report,
temporary files belong somewhere else and at the very least should
have unique names.

Henry