[Lazarus] Building IDE setting don't ripple to packages

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Mar 21 11:59:09 CET 2015

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 16:09:23 -0000
"Graeme Geldenhuys" <mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just scanned through the lazbuild thread happening today and it reminded
> me of something I noticed yesterday.
>
> I ran Lazarus from the command line so I could see lots of compiler
> output. If I rebuild the IDE via the "Tools -> Configure Build Lazarus"
> menu option, and then add the "O3 -g- -Xs" parameters in the compiler
> Options edit box, then select "Clean All" and then click Build.... I
> noticed that the options I specified doesn't ripple through to the IDE
> package dependencies. I noticed lots of packages are given compiler
> options like "-O1 -gl" etc instead of what I specified. Surely that means
> that the resulting executable is not nearly as optimised as it could or
> should be.
>
> Using Lazarus 1.5 r48429 FPC 2.6.4 x86_64-linux-gtk 2

The options in the "Configure Build Lazarus" options are the macro
$(IDEBuildOptions). Many packages added that macro to their custom
options, but not all.

To apply options to all packages you can use:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Compiler_Options#Add_a_flag_to_project_and_all_packages

Mattias