[Lazarus] Oscilliscope Control

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Sun Mar 22 18:00:42 CET 2015

On So, 2015-03-22 at 08:25 -0500, Paul Breneman wrote:
> On 03/21/2015 03:56 PM, Michael Thompson wrote:
> > G'day,
> >
> > Over on the forum someone is asking for an oscilloscope control. That
> > vaguely reminded me of something, so I went looking...

What do you mean wy saying "oscilloscope control", are you searching for
steering the device on your desk or do you need a visual control
containing x-y-graph and some knobs?

The latter is very easy and fast to do yourself, I did once for testing.

> I've been looking around for a while to find out what is available for
> an educational project (easy and inexpensive).  I'm looking for
> something that will work with comedi.  Look at the *very* interesting
> place where I found Free Pascal and Lazarus source code over a year ago
> (links on this page):
>    http://controlpascal.com/comedi.htm

I like that one, but comedi is much to OS dependant and I'll never port
it to any other OS.

> I also got involved in this (expensive) oscilloscope project last year:
>    http://controlpascal.com/picoscope.htm

Pretty cool, thanks. Do you know if that code ist working with smaller
picoscopes, like the 3000- or 4000-series devices?

Another place to keep eyes on, especially for the cheaper kind of
hardware:

http://sigrok.org/
http://sigrok.org/wiki/Supported_hardware

HTH,