[Lazarus] Ways of making new style design

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 07:24:49 CET 2015

On Monday 23 March 2015 21:47:25 Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:35 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys

> > For full customisation and theme support, use a GUI toolkit that was
> > designed for that purpose. fpGUI Toolkit (see the URL below)
>
> Please don't use our mailling list for propaganda of unrelated
> software, fpgui has its own communication channels, use them to talk
> about fpgui.

Do you remember the times when you helped Delphi people in the Borland
news-groups to find the Lazarus alternative? ;-)
Competition is a good thing, don't you think?

fpGUI and MSEgui both are opensource and have the same licence as Lazarus, all
use Free Pascal and a broader spectrum of toolkits is a plus for the Free
Pascal community.
Most Free Pascal users don't know alternatives because of the historical
overwhelming visibility of Lazarus, a post with the words fpGUI,
MSEide+MSEgui and the names of other Free Pascal non Lazarus projects in the
Lazarus channels is no harm for the Free Pascal community IMO, as you did it
for Lazarus in the Delphi channels when Lazarus wasn't so well-known.

Martin