[Lazarus] What is main form? (Splash question)

Sat May 9 00:01:37 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-08 20:59, Vojtěch Čihák wrote:
> the sleep() was there because demo is simple and is executed too fast
> and I needed to see whether splash is actually displayed.

If you have the time, take a look at the splashscreen demo included with
fpGUI.  <fpgui>/examples/gui/splashscreen/

There I use a timer in the splash screen, so it will destroy itself. So
the splash screen is still visible for a short while, while the main
form is displayed. Clicking on the splash screen makes it disappear
instantly. In the real world, I would also make the splash screen
optional via an application setting, or the usual --no-splash or -ns
command line parameters.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/