[Lazarus] How to display html contents?

Sat May 9 20:40:53 CEST 2015

Hi,

That was me asking the ipro question in the link below. I got it work
but in my excitement forgot to update the mailing list with my progress!
Sorry.

To get an anchor link to show correctly (e.g.
somefile.html#readthisbit), I discovered you need to do the following -
note the magic moment is at step 3.

1. Split the url/anchor and remove the # from the anchor value.
2. Pass the url only to your open html procedure.
3. Call Application.ProcessMessages;
4. Call .Scroll(hsaEnd) on the html panel
5. Call .MakeAnchorVisible(anchor value without #) on the html panel.

I am guessing that without Application.ProcessMessages; the code is
trying to call MakeAnchorVisible before the opening of the html has
completed and the anchor doesn't yet exist?? I am no expert on the inner
workings although I have been looking at the source and understanding
only very small parts of it.

I hope this helps? I am utterly astounded that I may have just helped
someone for a change instead of it being me asking for help!! :-)

Rgds,

Martin Collins