[Lazarus] Processing TCoolBar child by IDE

Jesus Reyes jesusrmx at gmail.com
Mon May 11 23:06:51 CEST 2015

En Mon, 11 May 2015 15:23:55 -0500, Vojtěch Čihák <vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz>
escribió:

> Now you surprised me. I completely forgot I used generics, I had to look
> to old sources
>
> because I wasn't sure whether it came from me or from someone else.
>

> Anyway, FPC 2.6.4 is not able to compile it? You are the first who say
> it.
>

> I guess replacing generics with TFPList shouldn't be difficult.
>

> V.

Yes I'm sure.
I'm also surprised, seems that nobody noticed.
In reality, I should have tested before but the fact that it worked  on
every other OS with 2.6.X is a little confusing and unexpected, maybe that
is why nobody noticed in the RC's series.

Compiling buttonpanel.pas
Compiling extctrls.pp
Compiling popupnotifier.pas
Assembling (pipe) units/i386-darwin/popupnotifier.s
extctrls.pp(1251,58) Error: Illegal expression
extctrls.pp(1251,58) Error: Error in type definition
extctrls.pp(1251,58) Fatal: Syntax error, ">" expected but "" found
Fatal: Compilation aborted
make[1]: *** [alllclunits.ppu] Error 1
make: *** [lazbuild] Error 2

And I can reproduce it with the attached file. The same compiles fine
under Linux with fpc 2.6.X
But anyway, Sven has confirmed that 2.6.X is not guaranteed to work with
all generics features, specially
like the one tested here.

$ /Users/prog/fpcbin32_265/bin/fpc test1.pas
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.5 [2015/05/07] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2012 by Florian Klaempfl and others
Target OS: Darwin for i386
Compiling test1.pas
test1.pas(9,50) Error: Illegal expression
test1.pas(9,50) Error: Error in type definition
test1.pas(9,50) Fatal: Syntax error, ">" expected but "" found
Fatal: Compilation aborted

Jesus Reyes A.