[Lazarus] Date value "0"

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri May 29 02:30:21 CEST 2015

On 05/27/2015 05:05 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Gordon Cooper wrote:
>> We were taught that 24.00 did not exist. Time went from 23.59
>> to 00.00.  The same rule can be applied to 11.59 am & pm.
>
> Except where there's a leap second.

speaking of which, guess what is coming up...

[quote]
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 14:25:49 +0100
From: IERS EOP Product Center <services.iers at obspm.fr>
To: bulc.iers at obspm.fr

       INTERNATIONAL EARTH ROTATION AND REFERENCE SYSTEMS SERVICE (IERS)

SERVICE INTERNATIONAL DE LA ROTATION TERRESTRE ET DES SYSTEMES DE REFERENCE

SERVICE DE LA ROTATION TERRESTRE DE L'IERS
OBSERVATOIRE DE PARIS
61, Av. de l'Observatoire 75014 PARIS (France)
Tel.      : 33 (0) 1 40 51 22 26
FAX       : 33 (0) 1 40 51 22 91
e-mail    : services.iers at obspm.fr
http://hpiers.obspm.fr/eop-pc

                                                Paris, 5 January 2015

                                                Bulletin C 49

   To authorities responsible for the measurement and distribution of
time

                                     UTC TIME STEP
                              on the 1st of July 2015

   A positive leap second will be introduced at the end of June 2015.
   The sequence of dates of the UTC second markers will be:

                            2015 June 30,     23h 59m 59s
                            2015 June 30,     23h 59m 60s
                            2015 July  1,      0h  0m  0s

   The difference between UTC and the International Atomic Time TAI is:

    from 2012 July 1,    0h UTC, to 2015 July 1  0h UTC  : UTC-TAI = - 35s
    from 2015 July 1,    0h UTC, until further notice    : UTC-TAI = - 36s

   Leap seconds can be introduced in UTC at the end of the months of
December
   or June, depending on the evolution of UT1-TAI. Bulletin C is mailed
every
   six months, either to announce a time step in UTC or to confirm that
there
   will be no time step at the next possible date.

                                                Daniel Gambis
                                                Head
                                                Earth Orientation Center
of IERS