[Lazarus] Extending TRect breaks Lazarus

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Nov 6 16:45:07 CET 2015

FYI:

I yesterday tried to implement some of the TRect helper methods in 3.1.1 and
property and Lazarus(/win32) refused to start due to WMSIZE loops.

I haven't investigated deeper yet, but I suspect the heavy use of WITH in
interfaces etc is the cause.  (if you assign width and height of a
component in a component method in a WITH with a TRECT as argument, then now
width and height of the trect are assigned instead of the component's ?

Probably method calling (setwidth/setheight?) is dangerous too.

Request for TRect and patch that I used : http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21041