[Lazarus] How can I close a Lazarus project and open another?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 12:35:28 CET 2015

I have a Lazarus project inside the IDE, which uses LNet.
Now I want to close that and open one of the LNet examples in order to
see how that works.
So I did this:
- Project/Close project
- This pops up a dialog asking me to do one of a list of actions
- I select the button Open Project
- Now I get a pop-up error box saying:

Access violation.

Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption.
Press Cancel to kill the program.

At this point in the background the IDE is pointing to the following
path for some by me unknown reason:
pi/development/lazarus/components/lnet/lazaruspackage

So I click Cancel and Lazarus itself suddenly disappears!
When I start Lazarus the next time it again loads the old test
project!

And the circle repeats on and on.

How can I start Lazarus WITHOUT loading the old non-working project so
I can load an example?????

Running on a Raspberry Pi2 with Raspbian Jessie and FPC3.1.1 and
Lazarus 1.5.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden