[Lazarus] Using event driven components in console application

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 21:01:54 CET 2015

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 18:39:50 +0100, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

>> you mean that Application.Processmessages is available in this console
>> program?
>
>It is available when you use the NoGUI widgetset.
How do you change which "widgetset" is used? (I really do not know
what you mean by widgetset, but I assume it is some kind of
application framework).

>> When it was all done and Lazarus restarted I removed the project path
>> to the sources I used before and compiled my test project and it
>> worked OK.
>
>... and (hopefully) added the lnet lpk in the project inspector.

Did not know I had to do that, so no that was not done before
compile...
Now done.

>You have two lnet. One installed by fppkg and one manually.
>Open the right lnet .lpk once (Package / Open Package File).

So that means that lnet is actually part of fpc then? In that case I
have been doing a superfluous thing when installing lnet in the first
place. How can I get rid of the one in my local Lazarus copy?

>You used fppkg.
What is fppkg? I do not know about it. Google says it is the FPC
packet manager and thet one has to run it, which I don't think I have.

>The M means you have local modifications.
I guess it's because I installed lnet and had to rebuild Lazarus??

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden