[Lazarus] Using event driven components in console application

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Nov 4 09:48:15 CET 2015

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 18:39:50 +0100, Mattias Gaertner
> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>
>>> you mean that Application.Processmessages is available in this console
>>> program?
>> It is available when you use the NoGUI widgetset.
> How do you change which "widgetset" is used? (I really do not know
> what you mean by widgetset, but I assume it is some kind of
> application framework).

It's the layer of libraries in between the X11 server (or the Windows
API etc.) and the LCL. The widget set implements the standard GUI
elements (forms, buttons and so on) while the LCL takes these and
provides a standardised set of properties and events that apps can use.

Since you're working on a console app this probably isn't something you
need to bother about, but it's usually defined somewhere around Project
-> Options -> Paths. However this has tended to vary a bit as the IDE
has gained things like build modes.

When building the IDE you'd normally use  make bigide  or similar which
would use the platform defaults, but depending on what libraries etc.
were available you could also use e.g.  make LCL_PLATFORM=qt bigide

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk