[Lazarus] Lazarus in trunk not working after Rev 50151 on MacOSX

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Thu Nov 5 18:16:29 CET 2015

On 05.11.2015 15:46, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> For example a sorted TStringList with the 'Objects' as the
> position.
> The list is seldom edited so editing does not need much speed.
> Fast search is important. As long as there are only 20 types the
> structure is irrelevant. But when we extend the list for all types of
> the FPC packages the list gets big.

Yes, I'll change the array to TAvlTree, indexed by type/alias name and
an order/position number. Seems to be a little bit cleaner than casting
TObject to a number.

On 05.11.2015 16:23, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> The 500 is for codetools an xtConstOrdInteger.
> It is FindExprTypeAsString that returns 'Integer' for xtConstOrdInteger.

We needed "xtConstOrdSmallInt", "xtConstOrdShortInt",
"xtConstOrdInteger/xtConstOrdLongInt" and "xtConstOrdInt64" for it (e.g.
500 would return xtConstOrdShortInt). It looks like an overkill for me,
so let's keep the limitation for now with the knowledge that if the need
arises, we could extend it.

On 05.11.2015 16:23, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>> But what type should "i:=3.0" create? Single, Double, Extended,
>> >Yes, whatever: single, double, extended, glFloat - maybe create an IDE
>> >option for default integer/float/string/boolean types? The user then can
>> >decide what precision he wants to use by default. Do you think it is
>> >possible?
> Yes, why not?

The question was a little bit confusing :) Yes, adding IDE options with
default types for Integer+Real+String constants looks very useful to me.
Boolean isn't needed, IMO, but maybe it should be added as well for the
sake of completeness.

Ondrej