[Lazarus] Extending TRect breaks Lazarus

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Nov 10 12:26:56 CET 2015

Am 2015-11-10 um 11:32 schrieb Sven Barth:
> The user doesn't need to know the detail that the value is kept in a temporary register, because that statement by itself is utterly useless for the user, as on load/store architectures like ARM you /always/ have values in registers if they are worked with and the compiler will happily spill around the contents if necessary.

Does that mean, that local variables and with statements are treated completely identically?
Are both held in registers with the same mechanism and will there never be an (speed) adavantage of one of them?
If there is only the chance that it may speed up the code (even when only on certain platforms) then I would like to know it.