[Lazarus] Smooth scrolling label (marquee)

Wed Nov 11 10:28:45 CET 2015

On 2015-11-11 09:16, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Try the attached project.

LCL inconsistency strikes again.

   WindowState:=wsMaximized;

The above line of code has no affect under FreeBSD with LCL-GTK2. I see
a small borderless window with a button on it.

Anyway, I tested your project under FreeBSD LCL-GTK2 and Windows 2000.
Scrolling was smooth (with one exception) and CPU load was idle (< 1%).
Under Win2000 the application was full-screen, under FreeBSD it wasn't.

Having the modal quit dialog open did not affect the scrolling speed. I
also couldn't see any visible change in speed while moving the mouse.

The exception I mentioned was when I run the test project under Win2000
with the --debug option. There was visible flicker the whole time while
the application was running.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/