[Lazarus] GZip issues

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Mon Nov 16 21:37:06 CET 2015

On 15.11.2015 22:11, Werner Pamler wrote:
> Another question: I would prefer to avoid Abbrevia altogether and use
> the standard zip support in fpc.

Lazarus doesn't include support for ZIP files, AFAIK. A ZIP file is a
container of compressed streams. So you have to parse the ZIP file
structure and then use TDecompressionStream on the stream you want to
decompress.

I wrote a decent ZIP wrapper unit for FPC and Delphi. In FPC it uses
"paszlib", in Delphi it uses "System.ZLib".
But it depends on some of my internal classes. Maybe I will rewrite it
so that it could be included into FCL. But I really have a lot of work
now :(

Ondrej