[Lazarus] Please test this page

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:04:01 CET 2015

Michael, I am running Linux for development, and the app runs locally on
Apache and is does not connect to my server PC. When I deploy it goes to my
server which is a Mac Mini re-purposed with Windows Server Core (it has no
desktop, just a powershell window). So to be accurate, yes the site runs
off Windows IIS, but in reality everything it's capable of running on Linux
just fine, because that's where I develop.

Tangentially, the reason I use Windows/IIS in production is because I have
a few asp classic sites I want to keep up and running, and a few sites
where I need MS SQL.

Now regarding Lazarus on the web, oh no no no no. I mean I am sure it can
do web development, but IMO it's completely the wrong tool for it. I love
me some Desktop Lazarus, but it in no way can even come close to even asp
classic, let alone php, ruby, or c#. Sorry.