[Lazarus] Video: Docked Designer Test

Mon Nov 23 14:38:30 CET 2015

On 2015-11-23 13:06, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> The reason is simple: there was/is no other place where to put them.

Up to now, yes that is true. But then again a "designer form" could, and
does, have behaviour different to that same form at runtime.

> I don't use the docked designer. I most likely never will.

Neither would I. :)  My suggestion was simply a suggestion on what I
think is an improvement over the existing behaviour [personal opinion
obviously].

Opening that project in a non-docked designer, it could always arrange
the non-visual components along the bottom, sides, along all edges etc.
Many desktop environments in the past and present have such behaviour
with icons, so I see no harm in applying them for non-docked form
designers too. You could even go as far as making the icon arrangement
user selectable - again, just like past and present desktop environments
allow.

> There are always more angles to a problem than you may have considered.

The "docked form designer" is supposed to be an enhancement over the old
one [opinions my differ] - my suggestion was just an extension of that
enhancement. As with everything in Lazarus - making features option is
ideal. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/