[Lazarus] LGPL versions between RTL and LCL

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 15:02:48 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 7:40 AM, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> wrote:

> For simplicity the LCL should use the same license as FCL/RTL.
>
> Can you extract the differences, so we can ask for permission from
> contributors?

I took a lazy path and let a tool do the comparison.

The resulting PDF could be downloaded from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao0ckgud0gix9xw/lgpl_from_2_to_2_1.pdf?dl=0

The change I was talking about could be found on page 6 on the document (at
the very bottom) the new section was introduced specifically requiring the
dynamic loading.

Reminder: LCL is using LGPL 2, RTL is using LGPL v2.1

thanks,
Dmitry