[Lazarus] Lazarus implementation of TListView etc?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:06:44 CEST 2015

Note: Posted this by accident on the FPC list....
I want to know why comctrls is not found by Lazarus and hence the
definitions of a lot of objects in my Delphi code ported to FPC
generate errors?
I have googled extensively on "lazarus TListView" "lazarus comctrls"
etc and I wind up on lazarus wiki pages explaining the properties of
the objects. But as soon as I add the unit defining these the compile
stops way up in the top of my files with the not found fatal error.

Again there must be something I have not gotten right...

My program is a pretty simple command line program but it uses some
object files from Delphi where the objects are able to manipulate
TListItems if that is called. This will not be used here but it is a
PITA to take these out of the Delphi code..
At a later step I might well be doing a GUI program, using the same
object units.

The easier solution seems to be to keep the code in place but then I
need the definition units to come on-line...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden