[Lazarus] Debugger error on ARM7 (Lazarus 1.5 svn 50059)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 10:00:15 CET 2015

I tried to run my test application (a console program based on
TCustomApplication) from the Lazarus window today in order to gather
info for asking about the problems I have had.
Lazarus 1.5 is running on a Raspberry Pi2 under Raspbian Jessie.

What happens when I hit the Run button is the following:
Error dialog pops up with title "Debugger Error" and content:

"Debugger Error
Ooops, the debugger entered the error state.
Save your work now!
Hit Stop and hope the best, we're pulling the plug."

This application ran yesterday but it threw a SIGSEG error at the end
and I wanted today to trace that down, but now the application will
not even start.

In the meantime I have added a new unit to the project but before
starting this test I had removed it from the project and made a clean
build too. The build succeeds but the program fails to run.

What could cause the error above? Where should I start looking?
I tried googling this error but it is too general to yield any good
result pages...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden