[Lazarus] Installing Lazarus on Raspbian Jessie on a Pi2B?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 23:45:50 CEST 2015

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I have now returned home and got myself the hardware for starting the
> development in FPC of my controller software for the Raspberry Pi2B.
> When I installed RaspBian it turned out to be the latest version
> Jessie and when I realized that I think I need to get confirmation
> here before I waste time:
> Will Lazarus/FPC run properly on a Raspberry Pi2B with Raspbian
> Jessie?
>
> If so is there a tutorial for that case somewhere?

If it runs properly, why should you need a tutorial?

Note my comment elsewhere:

 >> The major "gotcha" is that you can't (by default) SSH into it
 >> as root, which causes problems if you need to run a GUI (i.e.
 >> not just console I/O) program as root with the X11 stuff passing
 >> over the SSH connection.

If you have problems with gtk2, I suggest also trying with Qt which will
require the libqt4pas-dev (Debian) package. Please keep us updated since
you're the local expert: I didn't even know that Raspbian had progressed
to Jessie, and am far too busy to play with it at the moment.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk