[Lazarus] High-DPI aware LCL ?

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Wed Oct 7 12:42:52 CEST 2015

On 07.10.2015 11:52, Juha Manninen wrote:
> When I worked with Delphi, VCL's DPI support was broken and a the
> retailer's support was frustrated when people kept asking about it. I
> don't know about the latest situation. Maybe FireMonkey has solved it
> better. Anyway, I think we should solve it despite of how VCL behaves.
> In bug tracker there are 9 issues with tag HighDPI. The real number of
> high DPI issues is much higher. For example this one has many related
> issue marked : http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=14688

Both VCL and FireMonkey are not automatically DPI aware.
In VCL, it is possible with manual approach:
https://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/blog-menu/entry/how-to-guide-upgrading-your-delphi-vcl-applications-to-support-4k-displays
(Works pretty well.)

I don't know the state of the art of FireMonkey, though. The last time I
checked it was broken. And since FMX should be scalable by design, this
was a NO-GO for me. So I switched to LCL :)

Ondrej