[Lazarus] High-DPI aware LCL ?

Wed Oct 7 12:44:58 CEST 2015

On 2015-10-07 11:24, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> There are currently about 400 icons in the IDE.
> We need volunteers to create them either as SVG or as higher resolution
> image.

Use SVG directly and let it render the correct size at runtime. That
will solve the problem for any dpi value. Higher resolution images will
only solve the problem for hard-coded dpi values like the Microsoft
ones... Think Android phones and tables, where every devices has a
different DPI value and they vary greatly.

Break it down into manageable steps:

1. Add SVG support to LCL, but keep BMP & PNG support too.
2. Change the high-visibility icons to SVG first.
   eg: the ones on the main toolbar.
3. Then as time permits (or contributors help), go through the menus and
   dialogs one by one.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/