[Lazarus] High-DPI aware LCL ?

Aradeonas aradeonas at operamail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:42:51 CEST 2015

> Bottom line - the SVG solution is a lot better that shipping
> say Lazarus
with its 400 icons in 15 different icon resulutions. That ends up with
6000 image files, which is crazy.

I disagree with you. First we dont need 15 different icon set, just few
for every DPI something like Android that for our case it will be about
5 more or less. Second we can use SVG and its better but we can make 2
set one detailed and one simple. Designer will do it simply. Third many
icons will not a problem for an IDE.With this way we can run Lazarus
even in a mobile or a TV!

So I think after solving DPI aware IDE we can find someone to make new
set icon with SVG and PNG export for different situation.

Regards, Ara

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an
                          unladen european swallow