[Lazarus] lazcontrols filters

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Sat Oct 10 18:38:41 CEST 2015

On 10.10.2015 17:52, Krzysztof wrote:
> TextHint could be visibile even when edit is focused (but still empty
> of course). This is how many edit controls work nowadays, e.g address
> edit in FireFox
This is exactly what I was thinking. The rekonq browser has the same. It
is even able to put a button in front of the text in the edit and start
the text after the edit + the hint text is centered. I admit that I
don't know if rekonq uses Qt or Gtk2.

Whereas I know how to achieve it on Windows (one can find a lot of
sources for it in the internet), on other widgetsets it could be tricky
as Bart already stated. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to do
it in all widgetsets :(

Ondrej